Recycling in Independence, Kansas
Southside Recycling is no longer accepting general recycling as of July 2013.
Thank you Ginger for all the time and energy spent collecting recycling!.
Do YOU want to see recycling continue in Independence? Contact your city commissioners and encourage them to support a new recycling program!
Other recycling in and near Independence:
501 S. 20th Street
301 W. Main
Ink jet cartridges
121 S. Peter Pan Rd.
Montgomery County Household Hazardous Waste Facility
117 N Wald
Batteries, paint, pesticides collected third Wednesday of the month,
Recycling Center of Fredonia
1312 N 2nd St
Fredonia, KS 66736
- Junk mail
- Plastic containers: 1 thru 7 only, please rinse and remove lids
- Books/Phone Books/Office Waste/Shredded Paper
- Ink Jet and Toner Catridges
- E-Waste (Computers, Scanners, DVD Player or VCR, Vacuum Cleaners, Copiers, TV's, and Telephones)
- Car & Lawn Mower Batteries
- Steel cans: Please rinse out.
- Aluminum cans: Flatten if possible, but not necessary
- Cardboard: UPS boxes, appliance boxes, product boxes without liners, pizza boxes, egg cartons, etc.
- Glass: Please remove lid (No Ceramics, Pottery, Filmed Glass, Windshields, or Light Bulbs.
Bartlesville OK Recycling Center
10th and Virginia
Open Tuesday through Friday from 8:30 to 5 and Saturday 9 to noon.
Plastics, cardboard, paper, aluminum cans, newspapers
Diamonds are forever and so is Styrofoam. Styrofoam, also known as polystyrene has a recycle number code 6, but very few places recycle it. It is best to avoid using it, but when you are stuck with Styrofoam peanuts or other packing material, you may recycle at most Staples stores. The closest to Independence is at:
2400 SE Washington Blvd
Bartlesville, OK 74006-7217
Styrofoam can also be recycled by packaging it and mailing to:
Alliance of Foam Packaging Recyclers
1298 Cronson Boulevard, Suite 201
Crofton, MD 21114 USA
Clean industrial products packaging only. No peanuts and no food containers (coffee cups, egg cartons, trays, etc.) See their website guidelines.
Phone 800-828-2214 for the nearest location accepting styrofoam peanuts.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com